The Factory Hourly - team member works as a part of an assembly team performing multiple assembly duties for the construction of windows and accessories. The team member’s assigned team and job tasks will vary based on business necessity.
PELLA CORPORATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass drug screen.
- Pass background test.
- Pass pre-work ability screen
- Tobacco free workplace.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Seasonal high temperatures and humidity.
- Fast pace with productivity goals.
- Work in a team environment.
- Frequent handling of wood, metal, and glass.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Flexibility of work hours including mandatory OT when business needs requires.
- Ability to move to different lines and responsibilities.
- Able to safely work with and around moving equipment
- Ability to learn and rotate to three (3) or more different responsibilities and / or positions.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, polite and respectful manner with team members.
- Regular / dependable attendance consistent with attendance guidelines is required.
- Meet Takt time with productivity goals with accuracy and quality.
- Operate equipment/tools that require close control, adjustment, following production orders.
- Comply with safety, quality, and production requirements and procedures.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to learn and perform repetitive job tasks.
- Perform Total Productive Maintenance duties.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing-related experience is preferred.
- Job specific experience is preferred.
SKILLS & TALENT
- Decision making / problem solving in a manufacturing environment with minimal supervision.
- Use of hand tools and machinery is required.
- Requires written and oral communication skills and the cognitive ability to learn the safety, quality, and productivity standards.
- Learn, comprehend and implement Lock Out/Tag Out and safety and quality procedures to assure the safe and proper operation of the equipment.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using units of American money.
- Familiarity with American units of measure for weight, time, and distance.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Use of measurement devices.